Generate a "strong" password from a passphrase and URL
Given a passphrase and URL, generate a password that contains lowercase letters, uppercase letters, numbers and symbols. This password generation is deterministic and created completely client-side, so no information is transmitted outside of the browser. If you have multiple accounts on the same site, then
you can optionally provide a username.
- Use only the domain and subdomain for the URL (i.e. use example.com not www.example.com).
- For international sites with a single password, skip the domain completely (i.e. use amazon not amazon.com).
- If a password needs to change periodically, work the month or date of change into the passphrase.
- For added security, add a short suffix or prefix to the generated password.
- If using a public computer, clear the clipboard and browser data after copying the password.